question

islander-off-grid avatar image
islander-off-grid asked

150/70 Switching back to Bulk less than 10 mins after being in Float

Installed my new Victron 150/70 and programmed the battery manufacturers settings. Turned on the panels to charge the batteries and the MPPT started to charge in bulk for 5hrs as it should than went to absorption for 1hrs than float. After less than 10 mins in float the MPPT went back into bulk, but was not producing any current. There was no load on the batteries and it was early afternoon. Have I missed a setting or is there something wrong with the MPPT?

screenshot-20211004-133700.jpg

screenshot-20211004-133714.jpgscreenshot-20211004-133609.jpg

float
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Islander Off Grid

Unusual. Try powering it down for 10 min or so from both the solar and battery sides, then reconnect battery first. (A 'reboot').

Just as an aside, 60.0V is a lot of charge V, Temp Comp too! You sure you really want that much?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

islander-off-grid avatar image islander-off-grid commented ·
Thanks John,

Been talking to a lot of people about this. At this point looks like a new firm ware update might help. The 60.0V is straight from the manufacturer the temperature compensation is 5mV/deg/cell. Not sure how that calculates for twenty-four 2V cells for 48V battery set up.120mV I guess unless I'm calculating it the wrong way. Will let you know how I go.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic