question

redwood avatar image
redwood asked

VE.Bus Smart dongle

I purchased the VE.Bus Smart dongle to be able to turn the multiplus on and off and also adjust the shore current limit. My setup consist of multiplus with VE.Bus BMS and Victron lithium batteries. I am unable to turn on and off the multiplus or adjust the shore current limit in the victron app. What is wrong

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

The combination of VE.bus BMS and remote panels / etc. doesn't work unfortunately, as only one device on the VE.bus network can be used to switch on/off the devices, and the BMS get's priority.

The same applies to a remote panel + Venus device, remote panel get's priority.

Adjusting Shore current should work (I think), do you have enabled 'overruled by remote' in VE-config?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

redwood avatar image redwood commented ·

I have overruled by remote enabled. Still does not work

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

where did you connect the smart dongle? at the inverter or connected to the ve.bus bms?

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

As I didn't get a reply, maybe the wiring wasn't as stated in the manual:

0 Likes 0 ·
redwood avatar image
redwood answered ·

Instead of using the VE.Bus assistant in the multiplus what if i use the 2 signal bms assistant and wire it up without the cat5 instead using the 2 signals from the BMS?

2 |3000

Related Resources