question

colins avatar image
colins asked

Victron Connect failing to pair - latest version bug?

Victron Connect V5.47 installed on an Android smartphone and Android tablet: When using Victron Connect to access a new Phoenix Smart 12/2000 - connected first time (using the six zero login). After exiting the App and then trying to re-connect later it fails when the pin is requested (at 85%) with the comment "unable to pair". Re-starting the App, checking all settings (location etc) makes no difference. Re-installing makes no difference. Same problem trying to connect to a SmartSolar MPPT. Exactly the same problem trying to connect via a Samsung (Android) tablet to the same products and we have 2 other customers this week reporting the same issue. Is there a bug in the latest version of Victron Connect or the latest implementation of bluetooth?

VictronConnectBluetoothbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

Try a different phone. Some cheaper Android phones seem to have real problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spanky97 avatar image
spanky97 answered ·

all someone has to do is just publish a list of what works and doesn't. I have been trying to pair my apple 14 to the solar charge controller for two days now. old apple worked (10) new phone wil not . it finds the controller but will not pair no matter what number i feed it. Its a fucken charge controller not a bank valt !!!!!!!

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @spanky97

Please try to reset the pincode on the SmartSolar using the PUK code procedure: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_ResetPIN. Then you should be able to pair using the pin code "000000".

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide