question

ant avatar image
ant asked

Multiplus overheating before overload

Greetings, I have a multiplus 48/3000 which has been working fine for years. I have now installed a 2.5kW load, which I need to run for an hour or so. After half an hour I get temperature warnings, the multiplus goes offline for a few minutes, restarts, operates for 5 minutes, another warning etc.

There are no other loads on the system, and vrm portal is showing a consistent load of 2500W.

The multiplus is installed with lots of free space around it, and the ambient temperature is about 22C. The fan is working hard.

Any ideas how to correct this?

Multiplus-IItemperature
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ant avatar image ant commented ·
Thankyou @Seb71 @Paul B @nickdb

Silly me. I assumed the rating was watts. That explains that issue!

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

3000 is VA, not W.

What is that 2500W load?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try adding another fan UNDER the multiplus as more airflow will help some what and maybe enough to help out, give it a try and see how you go

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Also take the covers off and check for dust etc and maybe a blow out with compressed air. Make sure its off when you do this and that the compressed air is DRY,

if its really dirty then remove the front board and do some more cleaning of the power pack - . however Seb71 comment is valid and you are working the unit at 100%. Another thing to think about is that - the ambient temp might be 22deg and I presume this outside the cuboard - however whats the temp inside the inverter cuboard.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

3000VA is 2400W max right? Seems like you need a larger inverter.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes