Good evening, to most, and otherwise good day!
UPDATE Sept 27th: v2.80~21 is now available. Only one addition, the wireless temp sensors are now supported.
Its time for a new test version of v2.80. In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link.
The highlights of v2.80 are the new AC Load monitoring, the new DC metering function which now are visible in the Device List in the UI, and also new since this version are various improvements to the HTML5 MFD App, including the addition of translations.
Per ~21, the Ruuvi Tag wireless temperature sensors
What to test?
Same as before: the new features I mentioned just now. As well as, just like announced previously, basically everything: there are several major changes in v2.80, which can each make things break in unexpected places. The first change is that the used Python version has been updated from 2.7 to 3. Also the Open Embedded release was upgraded from Zeus to Dunfell, and lastly we changed to a read-only rootfs. All combined this means that (a) lots of tools and packages used will have changed to a newer version, and (b) lots of Victron code has been changed to be compatible with Python 3.
How to post an issue?
Preferably all issues are organised as answers to this question. One answer per issue. So first check the existing threads. If you have the same as someone else already reported, welcome to add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer. Note that Answers and Comments are two different things here on community.
Lastly, if possible please revert to v2.73, to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs, and one of the first things that needs doing in triaging a report is distinguishing between the two.
The plan for v2.80
Development and testing will continue for quite a while; we won't make September anymore. So now, with a bit a luck, somewhere in October this year. The main new feature that needs further completion is DC metering for both loads and production (alternator or hydro or wind for example).
For now, all the best and have a good weekend,
Changes since previous test version, which was v2.80~17:
- Add support for the Ruuvi Wireless temperature sensors. Besides temperature, also humidity and atmospheric pressure are supported. Uses Bluetooth, and works on the Cerbo GX (only). Possibly it also works on other GX devices if a compatible USB/BLE dongle is used - but thats not something we’re looking into at the moment.
HTML5 MFD App
- Add lock button that helps prevent accidental button presses like "Start generator" or "Multi Off".
- Add Dutch, Chinese, French, German and Italian to thelanguages.
- Add a placeholder & message in case no data is present.
- Add 3A button to the input limit selector.
- Hide 3rd phase in case of a split-phase system.
- Fix keyboard buttons not working in Remote Console.
- remove support when connected on VE.Direct. As emailed publicly, from v2.80 onwards the Inverter RS, and in the future also the Multi RS, must be connected using the VE.Can port. Connecting them with the VE.Direct port to a GX device no longer works. MPPT RS still works on both, and will remain working on both.
DC Monitor (the new feature for the BMV-712 and SmartShunt already introduced in an earlier v2.80 test version)
- add entries into the Device-list
- Force good settings for BMZ ESS Batteries: DVCC=ON, SVS=Off, STS=Off
- Force-enable SVS for the Lynx Smart BMS
- Solar chargers and Inverter RS: remove registers for per-tracker current, and add registers for per-tracker power.
- Add registers for DC Monitor types: alternator, dcsource, dcload, dcsystem and fuelcell
- Fix problem with slower data updates on the portal and higher CPU use on the GX device. Issue was introduced earlier during v2.80 development. Thank you @gnagflow , @N-DEE , @matthiasroetzer and probably more help reporting that.
- Remove logging of Solar PV current. Instead, only PV Array Power and PV Array Voltage is logged.
- Bluetooth connection for VictronConnect: fix 000000 pin code, this was broken earlier in v2.80 development. Thank you Stefanie for point this out!
- Add Easter Island and Christmas Island timezone options
- Fix default values for AC input 1 and AC input two. Now they are Gird and Generator again, instead defaulting to "AC input not available". This was broken in Venus OS v2.60.
- Add names for various new model inverter/chargers.
- In various places we removed the solar charger PV array current (Amps) values. From D-Bus, MQTT, VRM Logger, Modbus-TCP, Node-red. And instead made sure that Power and Voltage is available for each array. This reduces unnecessary D-Bus traffic and as such optimises the maximum number of installable Solar Chargers. Note that this might break existing MQTT, ModbusTCP or similar integrations. Which is a pity ofcourse, though we do think its better like this going forward. Any UI or integration can ofcourse itself calculate the current by dividing the power by the voltage. Just like the GUI in Venus OS itself does now.
Complete v2.80 change log, compared to v2.73:
No time for that now, I'll make that later (again).
- When configured as a DC Monitor (alternator, and so forth), the information from a BMV-712 or SmartShunt is not transmitted onto NMEA2000, ie its not supported by NMEA2000-out. The exception is when configured as Solar charger.