question

william avatar image
william asked

Generator doesn't stop when no conditions apply

We start gen for test run via CCGX and the only condition to stop is when battery SOC is 100%. When battery reaches 100% the generator does not stop. We've also had the same behaviour when using battery voltage as the only condition.

I've read elsewhere that if we stop the gen manually (ie not with CCGX, but on the gen) then there may be a sync problem. Is there a way to start from scratch as it were? Do we reset the CCGX or turn off the Multiplus, or both?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Keep a eye on why its running under autostart. by changing to the generator view page and reading the reason its started , then the only way to stop it is to use the same stop trigger procedure as that that started it.

if you stop the gen manually then as far as the ccgx is concerned its still running and no other restart will occur.

you must stop it using the CCGX stop sequence.

and no that wont cause a sync issue

1551784863445.png (30.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The autostart function will only start and stop under the same condition, You cant start under one condition and the stop under another

IE SOC start ar 40% Turn off Stop at 80%

if you manually start then only manual stop will stop the generator

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Also read the lines carefully as SOC stop says stop when higher than, so stopping at 100% would not work as you cant get higher so use start at 40% and stop at 99%

0 Likes 0 ·
william avatar image william Paul B commented ·

Yes, good point, although I think we have 99% as stop condition. I should have been more precise.

Re: "if you manually start then only manual stop will stop the generator" My point was, if you manually stop the gen having autostarted, could that cause a sync problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
william avatar image
william answered ·

@Paul B OK, I'll investigate further, thanks.

2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

Is there a method to clear the stored conditions, ie start/stop SOC etc, in the CCGX? Some sort of hardware reset?

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Your can turn all the auto start off here

Or just the SOC here

1551875617012.png (27.5 KiB)
1551875766509.png (40.3 KiB)
2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

Just to close the thread: I updated the CCGX firmware and turned off the Multiplus then turned it on again, after which the generator now stops when reaching the SOC stop value. Can't believe it was the firmware update.

2 |3000