question

simon-forester avatar image
simon-forester asked

Lynx Shunt - Battery 50% but empty

Hello,

I have an easysolar system setup within a Narrow boat, 24/3000/70-50, connected to a Lynx Shunt and 6 x 60 Amp Ultramax LiFePO4 batteries. The issue I am having is that the batteries have twice dropped to below 24v, but the system is showing over 50% battery still, both the multiplus and lynx shunt. Edit after response below, the batteries are 24v 60Amp each, so 360Amp total, specification below.

1632313357040.png

I was under the impression that using the Lynx Shunt, and Lithum batteries, that the battery percentage would be a lot more reliable, so does anyone have any ideas what I have configured incorrectly here? Charging from 21V yesterday took around 6 hours at 60 amps average, so it seems that it is charging the correct amount, obviously the percentage reach 100% way before the charging was finished.

shunt-config-1.png

shunt-config-2.png

This is the history from the VRM for the shunt.

shunt-history.png

This is the voltage for the month,

battery-voltage.png

And the history for the system.

overview.png

I have shared the VRM access, see https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/72949/share/b091acc2

Many thanks in advance for any assistance here.

Simon

Lithium BatteryEasySolar All-in-Onelynx shunt
shunt-config-1.png (18.5 KiB)
shunt-config-2.png (20.6 KiB)
shunt-history.png (15.3 KiB)
overview.png (24.5 KiB)
battery-voltage.png (31.5 KiB)
1632313357040.png (148.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
You seem to be using settings for lead batteries in the Peukert and Charge Efficiency Factor.
0 Likes 0 ·
simon-forester avatar image simon-forester klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Thank you, I have changed these to 1.05 and 99% respectively. So would this setting have cause the shut to think it was charging the batteries more than it was? I would of thought it was the other way around.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I am going to presume that you have connected the six batteries two in series and three parallel or three parallel and then those two sets in series.
Either way, the six 12V batteries configured for 24V would result in a 180Ah 24V battery bank.
You have set the capacity at 360Ah, so that is why it is going dead at around 50%.
Change the capacity setting to 180Ah as per the capacity of your battery bank and that should sort it out for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-forester avatar image
simon-forester answered ·

Hello,

Thank you @WKirby for your response. No the batteries are 24v batteries, each 60Amp, so 360Amp total. I added details of the batteries in the original description.

Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual