question

djh avatar image
djh asked

Unable to connect Victron direct smart dongle to phoenix inverter

When I plug the smart dongle into my phoenix inverter (ve direct 24/800) blue and red lights both blink (slowly). Latest firmware installed on dongle. The dongle works fine on the MPPT charger but if I move it to the inverter it doesn’t connect. Any help would be appreciated. Tx!

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @DJH

Can you please make a service report after connecting to the dongle while it is connected to the MPPT and post the service report here in a comment or answer? This will tell us the exact type of the dongle and the firmware versions and this allows to to try and reproduce the issue.

The procedure for the service report is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
djh avatar image
djh answered ·

VictronConnect_report.logTbank Thiemo. Service report attached.
On a separate issue. Generating reports from the Victron Connect app to Notes on iPhone ( ios14.7.1) it does occasionally gets stuck where Notes becomes unresponsive. Tx! DJH

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @DJH

Thank you for the service report. It told us what we wanted to know about the dongle. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue here, so the problem might be related to your specific inverter. The slow blinking of both leds indicates that the dongle is not able to communicate with the inverter, but the fact that the leds blink is a sign that it does get power from the VE.Direct port. What could be is that there is something wrong with one of the two communication pins in the middle of the VE.Direct port. One of them could be bent or perhaps has a loose solder joint. Is there anything visually wrong with the VE.Direct port that you can see?

Also, do you perhaps have a VE.Direct USB cable available?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

djh avatar image
djh answered ·

Hi Thiemo,

Thanks for getting back to me. This seems to be the cause of the issue which I’ve been able to solve. Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

DJH

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic