question

shmobile avatar image

Blue Smart IP22 12/30(3) very hot case

Hi,

I have installed the above charger in my camper van on a 170Ah LiFePo4 battery, with around 20°C environment temperature.

If I charge with 30A the case is going up to 70°C !

I checked all cables and contacts, the the cable length 1,5m and everything looks fine.

Is that normal ?!?

Why didn't the internal fan starts earlier with a little more speed to cool down ?

Blue Smart Charger
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Charger operation is totally silent whilst the cooling fan is off; the cooling fan is only activated during demanding periods, when it is necessary.

My suggestion - to help natural convection work better maybe help the unit by mounting it vertically.

but the units internal sensors will turn the fan on when it needs to

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shmobile avatar image
shmobile answered ·

In my case the installing environment is a little bit difficult and I can't install it vertical... horizonal is the only option here.

I think 50°C would be okay, but 70°C are to hot.

In the manual are no limitations about the alignment, so if there is no other solution, I must search for another charger...