question

rodd avatar image
rodd asked

Testing Touch 50 is powered

DIY marine solar install. Trying to ease into initial startup on the DC side. Does the Touch 50 require the PV load to be connected into the system for the screen to light? Cerbo is connected to the battery bank for power to the Touch but the PV's aren't connected while I confirm the Touch is in the loop.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Only the Cerbo needs to be powered.

The GX Touch should start after connecting it to the Cerbo. If not you may have to update the Cerbo first, there was a bug.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/08/31/venus-os-v2-73-small-varia/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rodd avatar image
rodd answered ·

Thanks, I'll try the update

2 comments
2 |3000

rodd avatar image rodd commented ·

Thanks Matthias, the cerbo and Touch 50 did communicate finally. I have muddled though some other connection issues and all seems well at the moment except the Remote Console will not connect. Any ideas for fixing that? Rodd

Remember I mentioned that the cerbo is powering off the battery bank BUT the batteries are not connected to the system just yet while I go slowly in the initial start up on the DC side. Could that be the problem with the Remote Console operation??

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem rodd commented ·

The Remote Console requires a wired or Wi-Fi connection to a local LAN. Cerbo comes set up to create it's own Wi-Fi hot spot tablets, phones or computers can connect to. At that point a web browser pointed to venus.local should bring up the GUI.

The device running the browser must be on the same network as Cerbo at least until you get VRM configured and connect through that for the Remote Console. Connecting to VRM will require Cerbo to have access to the internet.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-5667f877-3cf4-18d8-3f43-2e6ab2843066

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic