question

foxy-edx avatar image
foxy-edx asked

Victron LFP Smart 200 Battery upgrade and integration with Redarc Manager 30 BMS System?

We are looking at upgrading our camper from a 3 x 105 A/h AGM battery bank to 3 x 200 or 160a/h LFP Smart Victron batteries. My questions are two:

1. I have been advised I willl need a "Battery Management System 12/200 unit for the Victron Batteries, I am assuming I will only need one of these to cover the 3 batteries?

2. The camper runs the Redarc Manager 30 system management, will the Victron BMS 12/200 integrate ok with the Manager 30?

The Victron Batteries are comparable in size to the AGM's and seem to be great quality but are the only batteries on my list that don't run integrated BMS, just don't want to spend the $$$ to find out the equipment is incompatible.

Cheers,

Jarret

Lithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1. There are some other BMS you could use. Which one suits best for your system is not easy to without knowing the system better.
https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems

2. Do you have a link to that device?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

foxy-edx avatar image foxy-edx commented ·

Thanks Mathias, if you mean the Redarc Management System its here: https://www.redarc.com.au/themanager30....

I was told to use the "Battery Management System 12/200" unit as it is designed (i was told) to be able to work with other power management systems, whereas the others are more Victron equipment orientated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jack Peters avatar image
Jack Peters answered ·

The Redarc manager is the wrong product for a battery bank that size. You would be much better off selling it and purchasing a Victron BMS and charging devices. There are a few BMS's to choose from, as Matthias has linked to. There is an upgraded version of the one you mentioned which would be a better option.

Yes, only one Victron BMS is required for multiple batteries.

2 |3000

foxy-edx avatar image
foxy-edx answered ·

Hi Jack, why do you say that? I am assuming due to the 30 amp charging rate? We may also instal a BDDC Charger to supplement an additional 40amps to the batteries when driving. When off grid we will be using 480watts of solar panels for around 20-26amps of charge back into the batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic