question

stevenfox1 avatar image
stevenfox1 asked

Not Auto Synchronizing

I have a 500 amp smart shunt connected to 2 Lion Energy UT 1300 LIFPO4 batteries in parallel. 105 Amp Hour each. I am having difficulty getting them to Auto Sync. The manufacturer recommended the following settings. Battery Cap. 210. Charge V 13.9V. Discharge floor 20%. Tail Current 4.00%. Charged Det. Time 3m. Peugeot Exp.1.05. Charge Eff.factor 99%. Current Threshold 0.10A. Time to go avg. Period 3m.

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
R Robinson avatar image
R Robinson answered ·

All sounds right to me, I just installed mine with the same settings, seems to be working correctly. Where in the system is yours installed?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevenfox1 avatar image stevenfox1 commented ·
I installed it according to the instructions. I doubled check and everything is connected where it should be. Everything working except I can't get it to auto sync.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

"A synchronization is counted every time the state of charge drops below 90% before a synchronization occurs."

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/SmartShunt/en/operation.html#UUID-fb41551c-8916-9f71-17bf-259a7fee2012

2 comments
2 |3000

stevenfox1 avatar image stevenfox1 commented ·
I have had the SOC down to 80% and recharged them with the power converter in my travel trailer. I upgraded the power converter to WFCO 8950L2 MBA designed to charge lithium batteries. The charge is two stage with a bulk charge 14.6v and absorption 13.6v. When I here the charger stop charging I switch the power converter off. Should I leave the power converter on longer.? Thank you for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem stevenfox1 commented ·
I would say, yes leave the charger on at least until the SmartShunt synchronizes. This could take a while.

I'm not sure why you'd want to turn off the charger at all.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic