question

kevin-b avatar image
kevin-b asked

250/100in float not fully charged

why would it say its fully charged when its not, im thinking about changing the abs to 5min now its does 1 min i have lithium batts not lipo4 real lithium

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kevin_b

What is your definition of fully charged?

You have not allowed the battery to have full absorption to balance cells? What batteries do you have and what are manufacturers recommended voltages and absorption lengths?

Bulk and absorption are the same voltage the difference between the two stages is the amp draw. Float being lower in voltage would mean the battery then drop some 'capacity' or be at a lower soc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevin-b avatar image
kevin-b answered ·

1 my def of fully charged is for my setup is 48.50 volts but the float light is on when i get up but i look at the volts its bouncing around 48.50 but its still charging with 600-700 watts, witch should not be happening i do understand the more i use the longer it takes to recharge,,i have 6000 wats of solar ,, i was told to use these absorption 49volts float at 48.50,, max amps charge my charge controller can do is 100 amps in my history thing says my abs is 1min i thought about thanking that to maybe 5min,i just don't want to blow anything up,, its alot of $$$ in the stuff i have

see in my setup i have Nissan leaf battery's in packs of 6 to make a 48volt battery, and i have 15 of those, there is no draw on the batts because the inverter is turned off at night

right now this setup is used for the ac for the house.

i would not know where to look for and absorption lengths? out side of google?

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
You know that at the top of this page there is a search function?

Type in "nissan leaf" and look.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-b avatar image kevin-b klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic