Which program charge with blue solar mppt 100/50 Exide Sonnenschein Solar Block SB 6/330 A - 6V / 330 Ah ?

Hello,

Wich charge program to choice with solar block battery of Exide and Blue Charge MPPT Victron ?

Is program n°2 a good choice ?

Thank'

P.G

pg38 asked
pg38 answered ·

3 Answers

Bug in Lithium BMS assistant on Multiplus

Hi,

After updating the assistant using VEconfigure on my 5kVA Multiplus, I got an error message regarding the BMS assistant for Lithium batteries (see the screenshot below).

I assume the error comes from a translation bug, although I'm using VEconfigure in english (I'm located in France).

QUESTION : is this bug gonna affect the assistant ? I'm worried for instance my lithium batteries would get overcharged...

I've updated the Multipus to the latest firmware (2624430), it doesn't change anything.

Thanks

[image]

flomoto asked
flomoto answered ·

2 Answers

How do I remove the front of the ccgx?

The system was fitted for me. It's longer picking up wifi signal, colour control reads 'No Access points' for wifi. Colour control is fixed to a wall so I need to remove front cover to access wifi port etc at rear

Thanks

elocin1 asked
elocin1 commented ·

1 Answer

SOC or SOC

Hi,

I'm using a MP (firmware 2624-413) with two BMV-702's (firmware v3.08), one for each parallel battery bank. There's a pretty steady ~50W DC load on the system. The MP is the only charger (using in combination with a AC coupled PV inverter). The SOC as recorded by the MP is significantly lagging behind the SOC as recorded by the BMV702's, see these graphs:

[image]

[image]

If anything, I would expect the MP to be ahead of the BMV-702's, since the MP doesn't know about the DC loads. The BMV-702's also jump from 95% to 100% while the MP's SOC increases only very gradually.

The option "Synchronise VE.Bus SOC with battery" is greyed out (and reads Off) if I select the MP on VE.Bus as the Battery monitor. When I set Battery monitor to Automatic (or explicitly one of the BMV-702's), the option "Synchronise VE.Bus SOC with battery" switches to On. Am I correct assuming that when a BMV-702 is selected as the Battery Monitor, VenusOS will update/sync the MP's SOC with the SOC as measured by the BMV-702?

My first question is: what is the effect of that?

The batteries were still accepting approx 20A (~10A for each bank) when the BMV-702's decided to jump SOC from 95% to 100% which would indicate that the MP's opinion re SOC would be more accurate.

My second question is: why do the BMV-702's jump their SOC instead of showing a gradual increase?

regards,
Jan

jbakuwel asked
graham edited ·

2 Answers

VE.Bus BMS, CCGX and MPPT without MultiPlus/Quattro

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a VE.Bus BMS directly to a CCGX (without MultiPlus/Quattro)?

Will this setup allow me to control/end charging from two Blue Solar MPPT 100/50 connected to the CCGX or is it required to use a VE.Direct non-inverted on/off cabel for this - even if a CCGX is present?

Thanks!

fabian asked
fabian edited ·

1 Answer

Time since last full charge, not correct VRM app

Good afternoon,

Is there a solution in the VRM app that the correct data (Time since last full charge) indicates. In the CCGX it does indicate the correct data. Is this a bug?

thank you in advance.

remco asked
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

1 Answer

MPPT/DVCC output settings

Hi all.

I'm installing a victron off gird system in the next few weeks (5kva multi, 250/100, venus gx) and I have a question that has a couple people (and myself) stumped.

Say the mppt was set for 50A max output to suit the batteries

The batterys were at float and a load was switched on meaning the multi was drawing 80A.

Would DVCC allow the MPPT to ramp up to output 80A (if the amount of PV was available) so that the batterys didnt have to supply the extra 30A?

Cheers

simonjc91 asked
porcini edited ·

1 Answer

AC source symbol changed to grid instead of generator since venus upgrade

Since the last update i noticed that the AC source symbol in the VRM portal has changed from generator to grid. This is on the VRM portal and in the APP

When i change back to an older version of Venus OS it is back to "normal"

All appears to be working fine.

Is this a bug, or can i resolve this myself?

naturalsolares asked
naturalsolares answered ·

2 Answers

BMV 712 partially clear history data

Goedemorgen.

Today a short question on the BMV 712.

Is it possible to clear only single data from the history?

Background is that I have invalid values in the battery voltage (eg lowest batterie voltage: 4,85V). Of course, I have not had them yet, I think these are still from the installation. Surely I could delete all values, but would like to keep the remaining valid data.

Is there a possibility? Thank you.

Christian Lindermann asked
tabney0315 commented ·

1 Answer

Open ground on Victron 12/500 Inverter

I have a Victron Energy Phoenix True Sinewave Inverter 12/500 120V VE.Direct NEMA 5-15R , on the 110v side I am getting an open ground, I have tired grounding everywhere recommended, when I swap out to my old inverter it tests fine and shows it is grounded..Do you have any ideas of what could be wrong with the Victron?

terje152 asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

System - AC Genset graph in VRM

In "Advanced" menu of VRM portal, there is a graph named "System - AC Genset". I guess the data from this graph is coming from VE.Bus system. Yet, as my VE.Bus is a Phoenix 5000 mono-phase and my Genset is connected to 3 Multiplus (for tri-phase), I do not see the power brought by the genset in the VRM.

Yet, my genset load is monitored by an ET340 meter that could be connected to my CCGX via a Victron RS485 to USB interface cable. My question is:

How to display the data of the GenSet meter in this "System - AC Genset" graph in VRM using the Victron RS485 to USB interface instead of the VE.Bus connection?

Thanks for your help.

aminb asked

1 Answer

Generation of surplus with the grid, Anti-island protection Quattro.

Hello victron community.

I need your help, the Quattro 48/3000 / 35-50 / 50 120V and Quattro 48/5000 / 70-100 / 100 120V inverter / chargers have anti-island protection to deliver surplus to the grid?

Since its datasheet is not mentioned and that feature is not clear.

Or do I need to add other equipment to my system to comply with the protection anti-island?

I'm gratefully for your help.

myke0210 asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

2 Answers

Unusual Charging Activity by a Bluesolar 150/70-Tr

Hi guys. We have a site that has three solar arrays connected to 3 different 150/70-Tr Bluesolar charge controllers that charge same battery bank. The system has been working very well up to some time this week when we noticed a very strange phenomenon on the VRM regarding one of the controllers. In the early morning hours, it charges well but from around 11 a.m. onwards, the controller drops the charging power abruptly and eventually ends stops charging . See attached images taken about 1 hour apart depicting today's activity. What might be the issue? @mvader (Victron Energy Staff) @Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

patnyagah asked
graham answered ·

3 Answers

Isolation Transformer Failure

It appears my Victron Isolation transformer has failed. It accepts input voltage of 120 but no output voltage. The unit a 3600 watt automatic transformer appears to not have any internal circuit breakers that can be reset; the manual mentions thermal circuit breakers but it appears these cannot be reset. Any advice?

Greg

rapture asked

1 Answer

Quattro 48/5000 Behavior of K-1 programmable relay used to turn on remote fan

I have setup an assistant to use the K-1 relay to turn on a remote fan 10 seconds after the Quattro's fan starts. The remote fan starts fine, but never seems to turn off. Do I need to add another assistant to the K-1 relay to turn off the fan when the Quattro's fan stops?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat Davitt asked
Pat Davitt commented ·

1 Answer

ESS not showing on ccgx layout anymore on V2.2

Using Quattro 5000 / 120 V with an updated firmware and ESS assistant, We have a recent problem in which the EES is not showing on ccgx layout since the last update.

Previously it showed like this:

[image]

Instead, Now it is showing like that:

[image]

this is the first time we face such problem, kindly advise us on that matter.

Thank you.

ahmedalsersy asked
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) commented ·

3 Answers

ESS Emergency shut off switch

When operating the em stop switch in my ESS with the appropriate assistant loaded, the LED status/sequence on the front of the multiplus is very different to the sequence displayed on the CCGX and when viewing on the VRM!

is Victron aware of this issue!

Mark asked

1 Answer

VRM => include 3rd party AC generator via modbusTCP

Hello,

our setup is a standard AC-coupled single-phase multiplus-II based ESS (connected to phase 1). However, we do not have any PV, but a 230 AC fuelcell unit running 24/7 (connected to phase 2).

The generated electricity is continously measured and monitored, and the data is available on a homeserver, but it is not (yet) included in the VRM overview.

To achieve this, I guess I could include another CG 1-phase meter, but I was wondering whether I also achieve this by:
- setting up a modbusTCP server on the mentioned homeserver and
- asking the Venus GX device to look to the modbusTCP server - pretty much as if it was an SMA PV inverter (=> https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_sma)

For this I would have to make the modbusTCP server look like a SMA PV inverter.

I've also seen a rather old entry in google groups:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/victron-dev-venus/TN7iwVdr-uQ/zhTzPIT5DgAJ

My preference would be a solution where I do not need to customize the VenusOS install, but I'd like to ask, which solution would be the easiest/preferred.

Thanks for any comment/suggestion/hint.

Groeten - tullsta

Volker asked
Volker edited ·

2 Answers

50 x smaller pv-kits in one live monitor solution

We are putting together 50 x smaller pv kits containing 2 x 50W or 2 x 100W modules, a regulator (75/15?), small agm battery, cables, mounting materials etc. We need all these kits to send live charging data to one united portalview/dashboard (vrm?) Any tips on how to set this up?

solcellespesialisten asked

3 Answers

3 Answers

Multiplus CPU upgrade

Hi,

I have an old multiplus 24/2000 with the old CPU which I want to controll using a VE.Bus smart dongle. However this needs a firmware version >400. Is it possible to change the main controll board to a new CPU or to downgrade the smart dongle firmware to be compatible with a version 200 firmware? I did not get any useful answer from my distributor yet.

Thanks for your help

Best Leo

leo asked
leo answered ·

4 Answers

Suggestion - Increase the display parameters on CCGX overview screen

Why does'nt the CCGX display the volts and current values on the Grid and AC loads and PV loads, just like the Battery does?
I would be handy to look to see the what the AC voltage, current levels are doing.

Rob Duthie asked
Rob Duthie commented ·

8 Answers

BMV v3.09 - sync too soon

Hi guys,

I updated to 3.09 recently. Ever since then it syncs far too soon. see pic attached. guess that explains it all.

[image]

02_Charged voltage is set to 54.8V.

mariowagner asked
porcini commented ·

3 Answers

DC coupled Multiplus - Grid-Feed configuration/hardware requirements?

I have two systems; multiplus 24/3000/70 and 48/3000/35 (2013) both with Outback Classic. Now I like to feed the excess energy back to the grid. What do I need to put after the Victronplus to make this work. Must me simple and low cost!

runlusa asked
wkirby commented ·

2 Answers

No consumption chart on VRM main dashboard

Hi Everybody,
I have some issues on the VRM main dashboard. The consumption chart is not displayed on the dashboard, there is only the PV production and battery SOC.

For information my system has a VENUS GX, a Phoenix Inverter Compact 24/16000 (VEBus firmware starts with 19), a Blue Solar 150/70 and a BMV700.

Does someone have this issue or can someone have an idea on how to get the consumption chart on the main dashboard of the VRM. Thanking you.

ashley asked
wkirby answered ·

1 Answer

Multigrid II issues

Hi,

I have 2x Multigrid II's in parallel with a Fronius 5kW AUS on the load side with the entire house. I have a BYD 10kWH battery in the IP56 cabinet

When first programmed and commissioned it seemed to work fine until the PV turned off, then the battery seemed to export to the grid.

The next morning, once the PV started back up, the battery re charged, but whatever the PV was putting into the battery, it was also importing the same amount from the grid into the battery. This went on for weeks with support from The Netherlands and Ciaram from My Energy SA trying to solve the issue. Eventually with Ciaram's help, we updated the firmware which had come out that day and we didn't have any issues.

Three weeks later after everything had been running smoothly, the Master Multi went out on overload and shut down power to the house. We have now bypassed the entire system and he is now back on grid only.

Nobody was home at the time this happened, the customer didn't know until he got home for lunch that day. According to VRM it happened about 0755 in the morning.

I have not yet been back to site since, and it won't let Ciaram remotely reset the Multi for some reason.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? What should I look for once I'm back on site?

Ciaram and Wayne from My Energy SA have been very helpful, but just thought I would ask on here as well.

Thanks

[image]

steve asked
porcini commented ·

3 Answers