Idea

yaute avatar image
yaute suggested

ESS mode 3 - need of watchdog to get back in mode 2

During the ESS Mode 3 operation, it will be great to have a watch dog to get back to Mode 2 if not rearming from the third party. It will prevent VE system failure in case of third party failure.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yaute avatar image
yaute commented

I fully understand nobody care about this feature especially because it is possible to do it w the embeeded node-red but Victron should implement it because as an EPC if our equipment fails the Victron Energy reputation will decrease in the same time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bbmz avatar image
bbmz commented

I have to say, that I don’t completely agree to your request. It would be an additional feature, but is it really worth the effort?

First it will be a (lengthy) discussion if the fallback should be „mode 2“ or „mode 1“ and there is already „a kind of fallback“ implemented.

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that in case of a grid-loss the system itself overrides your external commands and tries to stabilize itself - even with your control present. In case of a communication-loss the ESS has a watchdog that will set the MP-IIs / Quattros to passthru after 60s.

From my point of view a separate watch-dog / fallback feature is therefore only necessary for AC-coupled PV (or other sources) and/or manual „power assist“. At least in the case of PV a few inverters other brands support a similar watch-dog feature that will therefore - if you use the same way of communication and control-server - will also stop there operation.

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.