question

cedarhaven avatar image
cedarhaven asked

Connect Venus GX to IFTTT

Is it possible to connect a Venus GX / bmv-700 battery monitor to IFTTT?I would like to use WeMo smart switches to control AC loads depending on battery voltage as reported by the Venus GX. Or perhaps there is another way?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't know a great deal about WeMo devices, but perhaps MQTT or ModbusTCP is an option?
Node-RED integration within Venus is in the works and that may be another option.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is possible, via a custom email address that is monitored by IFTTT and using the alarm feature of VRM to trigger sending an email.

2 comments
2 |3000

menneer avatar image menneer commented ·

Hi Guy. Could you possibly expand on this a bit for a dumb user?

We have gone full Greta and have just had a heat pump installed, controlled by Google Nest. The solar power immersion diverter is still in place. However it occurred to me that it would be even better to channel excess kWh to the heat pump as for every 1 kWh input, I could get 4kWh of hot water.

I would like the Venus to create an IFTTT that would tell Nest to boost the hot water for half an hour if the batteries hit 100% storage.

Does that make sense?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ menneer commented ·
For that application I would instead recommend looking into node red in the modifications space.
0 Likes 0 ·
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

@CedarHaven were you able to come right? I have just managed to figure out how to use IFTTT and a sonoff device. But im sure the protocol is the same.

2 |3000

karlmr avatar image
karlmr answered ·

Node Red is the way to go. Works really well

2 |3000