question

sun-city-solar avatar image
sun-city-solar asked

VE.Bus topic

Multigrid II we are trying to set up parallel. Also have colour control, BMV700 AC coupled fronius 3.kw. All firm ware updated. only thing we have not done is connect AC output of both inverter together as the manual says to set up with units disconnected. When trying to program, first we set up all p[parameter then go and set up master using the appropriate programs ( note we have been setting up off grid systems for 10 years now, but this is our first parallel Multigrid, with gen back up as there iis no mains connected for another 3 months, it will then be set up with mains )

Multiplus-IIbattery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

May I ask what the problem is, as I currently cant see anything to answer

1 Like 1 ·
3 Answers
sun-city-solar avatar image
sun-city-solar answered ·

setting up master seems to go fine. But when trying to set up slave, as soon as you turn it on, it goes to fault and is not seen VE bus. We can start with ieth multigrid as master, but cant program slave. Do the output AC have to be connected first? This could mean that when turning on master at setup, voltage will be fed back to slave! I see there in a neutral relay but not shown as doubke pole. Does the slave measure incoming vlltage on output terminal, so it can match frequency to be a slave?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Don't know an answer for you, only the advice (that you might know, but than it's for others)

Never leaf battery negative disconnected on any of the units! if you do this the VE.bus cables have to provide the negative connection and things will break!

I haven't set up parallel multi's in a while, only 3 phase systems, there you have no worries about feeding back. I'd only connect the batteries at first, or only the AC-in.

what application do you use for setting up the system?

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Just seen a new version of veconfigure 3 come out or at least my version did a upgrade to Rev

maybe its got some changes in it that could help

worth a check

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

I set one up yesterday. the staff did not keep both inverters battery cables the same so the slave gave me issues. corrected that and they were fine. these were 2 x multiplus 12 3000 units so not Multiplus II units

Also I dont configure first I left them standard and paralleled them then configured them ie changed the charge output to max 120 on each and set each one to lithium mode etc.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic