question

rstarr avatar image
rstarr asked

No up down buttons - is there a virtual option for raspberry pi running Venus OS

I have Venus OS loaded on a Raspberry Pi with a 7” touch screen in my RV. I have a BMV-712 and a Multiplus connected to it and everything is working great. My issue is I cannot figure out how to operate the up/down buttons that would be part of the CCGX or find a substitute such as a virtual keyboard or equivalent.

I want to change the input current limit. This appears to be accomplished by selecting the option and then pressing either the up or down button on the CCGX. I can adjust this by using the up/down arrow in the remote console, but I would like to make this adjustment regularly from the Raspberry Pi display. I will be using a small generator off grid as well as shore power in campgrounds which is why I chose to go with the Venus OS software over other options.

Thanks for the help!

Venus OSCCGX Color ControlRaspberry Piinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi @Rstarr,

as you have root_access to your Venus RasPi, you could connect a USB Keyboard

edit start-gui.sh

add

export QWS_KEYBOARD=USB:/dev/input/event2

note, that your keyboard can be different than event2 (event1, event3 etc.) depending on how many USB input devices you have connected to the Pi.

you can check with cat /dev/input/event(x) and do some keypresses, you see HEX stuff on your console, if you have hit the right event.

Regards

Markus

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·

... I know the problem ;o)

0 Likes 0 ·
img-5832.jpg (1.9 MiB)
img-5832.jpg (1.9 MiB)

Related Resources