question

navara-san avatar image
navara-san asked

connecting Blue Smart IP65 to built in battery

Hi, how do I connect the Blue Smart IP65 Charger to a built in and connected car battery?

Plus to battery plus and minus to to car body minus or both , plus and minus direct to the battery?

Thx

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
navara-san avatar image
navara-san answered ·

.... forgot to say, that the connection should be done with eyelet connector and extension cable, to have quick access without opening the hood.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

navara-san avatar image
navara-san answered ·

Ok, no answer here, but I got one from my dealer, both should go direct to the battery ...

2 |3000

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

I'd connect it directly to the battery if possible, does the charger cable already have a fuse in it?

The manual states the minus should be connected to the chassis! don't know the reason for this:

https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/Manual-Blue-Smart-IP65-Charger-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-FI.pdf

2 |3000

navara-san avatar image
navara-san answered ·

There is nothing written like this in the German manual .... but I know it, it is stated in manuals from other brands, that minus should be connected to the chassis .... I did it this way in my former car and with a CTEK charger ...

--- but anyway, my dealer said both (+/-) direct to the battery .... I did it and it seems to work :-)

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

technically it's the same, wonder why they advice to do so, must be some reason you'd think...maybe to decrease risk of reversed connection?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic