question

technomadia avatar image
technomadia asked

Is there an easier way to keep up on Questions you are following?

I've flagged several questions as "Following" that are of interest to me here in the Victron Community - but there does not seem to be an easy way to actually keep up on them.

Am I missing something?

I've seen several questions that I am "Following" get new comments or answers, but I only found these updates by manually hunting them down.

I can see the questions I am following in my profile, but they are not even sorted by date of last update so even that requires manually flipping through pages.

Ideal - I'd love to see all the questions and topics I am following sorted by date of last activity right on the front page of the Community.

Will this ever be possible?

Thanks!

- Chris

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Chris. Yeh Guy is working his heart out to improve the forum, but it's expanding quickly and we may have to wait awhile for all our wishes to be realized.

That said, if you edit your own profile to include an email address, you'll get at-least daily advice on threads related to your activity. Can be clicked on directly from the email, so it takes you right there.

Give it a spin, might be all you need?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

technomadia avatar image technomadia commented ·

I have seen the email - but I'd love to see the same information via the web interface.

For most people, email just ends up lost in the shuffle. And if you aren't checking in every. day, the email system makes it near impossible to keep up on threads that matter to you here.

Ideally I'd like a quick and easy way to check in just once every week or so.

I get it is still new - looking forward to seeing it evolve! :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Charlie Johnson avatar image
Charlie Johnson answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager): Any movement on this feature?

Charlie Johnson

2 |3000

ianjoyner avatar image
ianjoyner answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) I've not been here long and already hoped to be able to find my followed topics somewhere. The daily digest email doesn't seem to be coming through for me either.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @ianjoyner and others,

There are two ways to keep track of the things you are following;

1) The first way is with a pull down selection on the main page that filters what is shown to only be the things that you follow;

cleanshot-2022-09-07-at-085434.jpg

2) The second way is via the notifications system

You can access the site notifications and settings via this bell in the top left of the main page;

cleanshot-2022-09-07-at-090024.jpg

You may need to adjust the notification settings to your preference for this to work as you want it to;

cleanshot-2022-09-07-at-090242.jpg

Clicking the Change Notifications Preferences will reveal the options, I understand it's a bit complicated from there.

cleanshot-2022-09-07-at-085547.jpg

Have a play around and let me know if you have any specific questions or issues.

1 comment
2 |3000

ianjoyner avatar image ianjoyner commented ·
Thank you @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager).

I notice I have to be on 'Home' to see that drop down, it doesn't show if I'm in the Questions & Answers space.

It doesn't seem to be fully working for me, I see nothing if I select 'My follows', although 'My activity' seems to work pretty well. Posts that I've followed show up under 'My activity', so that's really helpful, I'm not sure why 'My follows' is blank though.

I did get an email notification for this reply thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic