question

pequod avatar image
pequod asked

Blue Smart IP22 orientation

I am looking at getting a Blue Smart IP22 12V/30A, but do not have room to install it in the orientation shown in the manual, ie long dimension vertical. Is it permissible to install it lying down, ie long dimension horizontal, or will this give cooling problems?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is allowed to install it lying down.

It will impact the cooling potential and depending on load, ambient air temperature and airflow, it may de-rate itself and overload at lower currents than expected.

Adding an additional cooling fan would completely resolve the difference, but has other implications like an additional load to power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pequod avatar image
pequod answered ·

Thanks very much.

I suppose there would not be a convenient signal I could connect to for switching an external fan if the charger goes over temperature?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic