question

rstarr avatar image
rstarr asked

Multiplus No on/off control or AC current limiting from CCGX

I have the multiplus compact 12/2000 and am running Venus GX software on a Raspberry Pi. Everything works great but I cannot figure out how to power the unit on/off from the Pi. In addition a can not adjust the input ac current limit. The option is grayed out and gives a message saying I need to check the remot override or have an assistant preventing this. The option is checked and there is no assistant running. Any tip or direction would be appreciated.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Control
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rstarr avatar image rstarr commented ·

I’ve been reading through all the manuals and came across this statement in section 1.4 of the CCGX manual...

Note that it is not possible to use the Remote On/Off (header on the VE.Bus control PCB) in combination with a CCGX. There should be wire between the left and middle terminal, as it is when shipped from the factory. In case a wired switch that disables the system is required, use the Safety Switch Assistant.

Can anyone explain this? Here was no jumper Inc place on the remote terminal where you would wire a 3 position switch. Reading through the Multi manual if this refers to that connector that would short the charger only circuit.

I’m wondering because the error message I get refers to an “assistant” preventing this feature.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you to everyone’s for the help. Updating the firmware from 413 to 433 fixed the issue where I could not control the on/off and allowed me to change the input current limit from the remote console. My issue now is since I’m on a touchscreen I don’t have the hot key so and cannot figure out how to change the setting. This isn’t controlled by the up/down arrow buttons. Is there a solution for this?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi @Rstarr,

this might be firmware related.

Make sure your Multi is on the latest firmware.

See here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1821/remote-shutdown.html

Regards,

Markus

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thank so for the advice. I was thinking that should be my next step if it wasn’t a setting I was overlooking.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Just to make sure: you don't have a remote control panel in the system? (this also disables these options)

1 comment
2 |3000

I do not have any remotes panels. I’ve changed dip switches 1&2 to all positions and it doesn’t make a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Another possible reason is

Have you got a VE BMS connected as I had this issue on a installation also but on the CCGX I could not turn the multiplus 3000 off or on nor could I control the remote assist option

However It did say I could not do this while the BMS was attached, a bit diferant to what you have had .

If so disconnect the RJ45 from the BMS and see if the problem goes away. Test only, sugestion

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks, I read that as well. I don’t have any BMS in place and also ran the “redetect” feature as described in the FAQ’s.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ole Saether avatar image
Ole Saether answered ·

Have you tried turning the Multi on/off using the remote console? See screenshot in the link from @Markus above.

1 comment
2 |3000

The option doesn’t allow me to access the next screen with on, off, and charge only. I read through the entire post and it’s appears it may be a firmware issue on the multi. I will update the firmware and report back. The past references 413 which isn’t what mine isn’t running.

0 Likes 0 ·