question

jacko avatar image
jacko asked

pulsating lights when connected to a generator?

Does anyone know if there are any settings to smooth the output of a quattro or alike when connected to a generator. Were getting pulsating lights when the generator is running and charging the batteries. I dont think its the generator alone, i know that the load is directly connected to the generator when its running, but i think it has something to do with the charging aswell as supplying the load. Its two quattros in parralell (I mention this because i havnt had it as bad on single ones ive installed) and a good quality generator running well within its limits.

voltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dewitpj avatar image dewitpj commented ·

Do you still get the pulsing when not charging ?

0 Likes 0 ·
jacko avatar image jacko dewitpj commented ·

No completly stable on passthrough mode but when the charger kicks inn it starts to pulse its almost like the charger is working against the AVR in the generator, I feel like there must be a solution to help smooth it out, as my customers a bit bothered by the flickering lights in the night time

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

try reducing the maximum battery charge rate, as with two quattros you maybe overloading your generator when they are charging at full output

what are the size of the 2 x quattros and what is the size of the generator connected,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robbo avatar image
robbo answered ·

Does it pulse when you take the Quattro's out of the loop? The Quattro will match/pass the wave form of the Generator which is usually poor in alot of cases. Another solution is too use a DC/DC converter for sensitive stuff - I use this with good results; https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/mean-well/rsd-60g-12/?qs=Mv7BduZupUi9jvXZJNDtqg==&countrycode=GB&currencycode=GBP

2 |3000

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

What frequency are the lights pulsating?

Did you find anything while looking into the Quattro with Ve-Config? charge current / voltage oscilating..

What kind of generator? Might be overloaded?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic