question

blitzsss avatar image
blitzsss asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger with multiple outputs?

Hello

Do the Blue Smart IP22 chargers with multiple outputs support independent charging on these outputs or are the outputs basically combined?

I can't seem to find any details on these outputs in the datasets or manuals or anywhere else for that matter.

Please let me know if I've missed it.

Thanks

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
linqf avatar image
linqf answered ·

Hello, this charger can not support the output of the independent loop, only the output of all 3 loops, can not close any of them.

I hope I can help you.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blitzsss avatar image blitzsss commented ·

Thanks, so what is the point of the multiple outputs? If im understanding you correctly all 3 outputs share the same bus?

0 Likes 0 ·
linqf avatar image linqf blitzsss commented ·

Use a charger to charge three separate separate batteries instead of three. When charging, it will automatically adapt to the charging current according to the condition of the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
tuomas avatar image tuomas commented ·

I just realized this too and feel betrayed. Full battery in one output prevents proper loading of empty battery in another output. This is not told anywhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
tonka avatar image tonka tuomas commented ·

No, this is not the case.

Please read here: https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/27874/view.html

It is explained in detail. And it works.

Best regards,

Tonka

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The outputs of multiple-out chargers are FET isolated, so each connected battery is charged according to its independent SOC. Obviously the total charging current across all batteries will not exceed the current rating of the charger (ie a 7A charger will put out a maximum total current of 7A, not 7A per connection), but yes, a depleted battery on output 1 will receive far more of the charge current than a mostly full battery on output 2, etc.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic