question

djingis avatar image
djingis asked

Panel cut out dimensions for Digital Multi Control Panel GX

I am prefabricating a panel that will cover an existing hole. Planning to use this panel to mount the Digital Multi Control Panel GX that I have ordered. Have searched everywhere for the cut out dimensions but cant find them. Can only find the outer dimensions but not the needed cut out dimensions for the Digital Multi Control Panel GX.

Where can I find the panel cut out dimensions for the Digital Multi Control Panel GX?

gx deviceDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
linqf avatar image
linqf answered ·
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djingis avatar image djingis commented ·

Maybe I am not understanding the dimension drawing in the link.

Had been looking at that drawing before I posted. This drawing is clearly showing the outer dimensions and where to put the drill holes. But I cannot figure out the cut-out dimensions for the hole in the panel based on this drawing.

0 Likes 0 ·
linqf avatar image linqf djingis commented ·

Oh, sorry.

The opening size is 5mm smaller than the four fixing holes, and it is fine. In fact, the panel is attached with a steel fixing piece, as long as the circuit board can pass, it does not need to be too precise.

1 Like 1 ·
djingis avatar image djingis linqf commented ·

Thanks, just what I was looking for!

0 Likes 0 ·
graham-perry avatar image graham-perry djingis commented ·
Did you get the cutout dimensions? I am in the same spot. Unit is on the way and I would like to have the cutout in place.
0 Likes 0 ·
Allan Yates avatar image Allan Yates graham-perry commented ·

Here are dimensions I used, and the installed result...

skylla-dims.png

skylla-inst.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
skylla-dims.png (22.1 KiB)
skylla-inst.jpg (313.6 KiB)
Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates answered ·

Does anybody know the size of fastener for the four corners? None of the diagrams mention this, they just give the diameter of the hole in the plastic into which the threaded insert is placed.

Thanks,

Allan.

2 |3000

Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

M5 thread

2 |3000

Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic