question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Re the Multiplus II and ESS

Hi, I am new to this type of installation, and thus will need some help in getting to know the limitations of the ESS options and setups.

Plenty of experiance in multiplus/Quattro 12 and 24 volt single and 3 phase conections systems mainly on marine systems

I am about to embark on a new learning curve.

I am looking ordered a new Mulltiplus-II 48 volt 5000 and a Venus GX or CCGX unit from work and then to install it in my own home so that I will then hopefully learn all the variables of the systems and can than try different things and equipment in a real life situation, nothing bets learning at the coal face. Then use this knowledge to help advise customers and then do more customer sales. plus have my own home system

So can the below be done and if not what cant be done.

This is the scenario that needs to be covered at my own test/demo installation.

1. I have 4.5 Kws of Panels connected to the grid using a Litto LH5000 Grid Tie inverter (I understand that this unit has to do frequency shift control and I dont know if it does, ill need to do some testing here, If it cant then it may have to be replaced or maybe if the batteries are full then export to the grid would have to be allowed.)

2. I will have 10Kw of lithium Batteries setup at 48 volts

3. my average daily PV output is 15 to 25Kw per day bad days 5Kw not many, good days 28kw monthly average is 600Kw

4. system voltage is 220V, Grid meter is bidirectional.

5. average daily consumption 15 to 20Kw

What I would like to do is at all possible not to export power to the grid but to manage the consumption from the battery bank to achieve this with some supplementation from the grid if Solar cant keep up. based on SOC or Voltage

1. Not to export to the Grid during the day time hours say 7am to 6pm or a time range of my choosing. right down to no export at all

2. to have a net ZERO grid consumption over a 1 mth period if total solar output allows.

3.export excess unused battery capacity to the grid at night to meet item two requirement if SOC is above say 20% but stop at 10% level. once say zero net Grid consumstion is meet then no further export of power at night to be done.

4. to run off the Batteries from say 6pm to 8am each night unless SOC drops below 10% or whatever I adjust it toor if loads go over 4.5Kw for 10min then supplement from the grid as required, and then consume from the grid (do not charge the batteries from the Grid unless SOC drops below 5%)

Any suggestions and helpful contributions appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Paul B

Multiplus-IIESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Maybe a Multiplus 24 or 48 volt 5000 unit would be better suited.

we have not sold or install any Multiplus II units yet

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

I've just installed my own very similar system, MPII, AC & DC coupled PV, 6kW of wind feeding 124 kWh of Leaf cells, with Venus and grid meter (1ph) - ESS self consumption mode will do much of what you are wanting except....

1, no export during xy period isnt an option

2/3 there is no feature built in which will give a net zero over a specified period.

Exporting to the grid isnt such a bad thing - my inverter is a Fronius Primo, which can do grid limiting (but there's uallways some export while the system is ramping) - and there's allways a surplus diverter device such as the OhmPilot if you really want to maximise your usage and minimize your export.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

There is the option to use ESS mode 2 or mode 3 for external control of scenarios not supported by mode 1.

0 Likes 0 ·
sean avatar image sean wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Where are those options documented ?

0 Likes 0 ·
ralfz avatar image ralfz sean commented ·

As already mentioned above, see ESS mode 2 and 3 .

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
2 |3000