question

markus avatar image
markus asked

Changing Venus Device in VRM needs confirmation?

Hello,

I want to replace my Raspberry Pi with a new VenusGX on VRM.

In settings --> general, there is an option to replace ccgx, I can choose the new VenusGX from the dropdown list, but after i select it, a confirmation is wanted.

I don't know, what to type in there. It's not the VRM ID of the new device.

I searched VRM FAQ but I didn't find an answer there.

Maybe someone can tell me.

Thanks.

Markus

VRMVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Text in Vrm portal has been fixed; thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I did this the other day because my BBB blew up.
If I remember correctly it's the VRM ID of the RaspberryPi that goes in there, the ID of the device that you want to replace. It's strange that it does not tell you that on that popup.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Is that device still in VRM, you didn't delete it yet? I'm not certain, but I think it needs to have reported in recently.

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Big Thanks to @WKirby! He discovered, that it is an error in translation. @mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

"Name" of the installation, ccgx data wanted to be kept, has to be typed in.

2 |3000