question

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell asked

Genset starting

2x 48/5000 multi s in parallel,gx bmv712

Is there a way of settting gen start for entering the night time period with fully charged battery? As well as set for overload and low battery ?

Generator
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

Yes,

You could program the relay at your GX, in several logics

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt drummond bell avatar image Matt drummond bell harold commented ·

I have programmed for low soc and overload, but I want to programme for if day hasn’t charged batteries upto 100 percent for gen to kick in and top up , so system hits night fully charged , am I missing another setting? I wondered about something off of relay on mppt example day/ night lighting...

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold Matt drummond bell commented ·

May be you can use the testrun setting, but it will then run dayly.
In the Assistants programming I don't see any time related setting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt drummond bell avatar image Matt drummond bell harold commented ·

It does need a little more flexibility in the programming modes... victron!

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Matt drummond bell what about using the "periodic test run" feature, set daily, with a start time, and just set to "run until battery is fully charged"?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:generator_start_stop

test-run.png (80.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell answered ·

Hi not a bad shout I will have a think about that! It’s a shame the street light setting on mppt doesn’t work the relay, I thought I could loop to multi and use genset relay on that to start on a seperate soc setting, then back to main genstarr on colour control, but no!! Lol

2 |3000