question

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa asked

Grid code for Portugal

Hi, can anyone tell me what Grid Code should I use for my Victron Quattro in Portugal ?

Thankx

grid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Cadoxa

Since a grid code for Portugal is not defined, then it unless you know what grid standards your country follows your only options will be None or Other, depending on your feedback laws.

1593370930994.png (103.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa answered ·

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your answer. I end up choosing other cos with "none" selected I could not configure the ESS Assistant.

Best

Carlos

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Cadoxa

Yes an unfortunate side effect of no grid code.

If you set it to other you can program was. But you will need to on your color control set your grid point up to always be pulling a few hundred watts power from the grid to prevent feedback.

you can program a generator start stop assistant to disconnect or ignore AC power during certain battery states.

Or just manually switch off power to the inverter.

Virtual switch has similar functions too. ESS is just easier to program

0 Likes 0 ·
cadoxa avatar image
cadoxa answered ·

Indeed. I set it to take only 30W from grid on the Color Display, and I see no feedback going back, its working Ok. Regarding the ESS Assistant, I found it very straight forward, I'm only struggling with the AUX ports on the Quattro, they refuse to obey the BMS relay orders ... I'm ready to go live with this installation, as soon as someone be able to give me a hand on this Aux situation... Victron support in Portugal is a complete joke, I spoke to a few in Lisbon and others in Oporto and guys that say are installing Victron for 20 years never heard of an assistant ... :) Go figure ! Thankx Again !!

Thankx

Carlos

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

On your GX device under settings - system setup- battery monitor. Check if the bms is selected under the battery monitor sub menu. Depending on what bms you have there may be other setting to set up like dvcc.

0 Likes 0 ·
miguelsilvatavares avatar image
miguelsilvatavares answered ·

Ola Cadoxa,

Estou a instalar um Multiplus GX e cheguei ao mesmo problema do Grid Code. Tenho uma BMS Batrium. Consegui ultrapassar o problema?

2 |3000

siartec avatar image
siartec answered ·

Portugal é compatível com a norma EN50549

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic