question

James Cate avatar image
James Cate asked

Loss of bluetooth connection between android phones and 100/30 mppt

Have been using the controller for a month with no problems, connecting to Vic. Connect on two android phones via wireless bluetooth. Today neither phone can find the bluetooth signal - keeps saying no devices found. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no joy. Seems like the 100/30 has stopped sending out the signal.

What to do?

Jim

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Just a 'first step' Jim. Try 'rebooting' the mppt by removing the pv & batt links, maybe leave for a few minutes, then reinstate. Might work..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

James Cate avatar image
James Cate answered ·

@johnC Thanks, JohnC. I had tried that, but only left it disconnected briefly and that didn't solve the problem. And later yesterday the damn thing started working again, all on its own. And so far (overnight), so good!

I hate intermittents!

I appreciate your help

Jim

2 |3000

hunter3030 avatar image
hunter3030 answered ·

I found when two phones with activated Bluetooth in close proximity to the controller will hinder the controllers ability to be connected to one phone . Turn one of the phones Bluetooth off and the controller will pick up the other phone.

2 |3000

James Cate avatar image
James Cate answered ·

@Hunter3030,

Thanks for that. I suspect you have hit upon the cause, for I did have two phones adjacent to one another. I appreciate your help.

Jim

2 |3000

musthave avatar image
musthave answered ·

I have a brand new MPPT 100|30. I have TV and battery connected. I see a blue bulk light.

When I go to discoverable Bluetooth devices it shows nothing.

What am I missing?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic