question

Sean avatar image
Sean asked

VRM incorrect and missing dashboard data

Hi,

One of our VRM sites is displaying strange, incorrect and missing data on the homepage dashboard. The consumption and generation data is significantly inflated (please see attached screenshots). The daily consumption should be approx 20-30kWh.

The consumption and generation data is also missing for portions of the day, however the SOC% is showing. The data displayed in the advanced tab section is complete and accurate.

Has anyone experienced this before, and have any known fixes?

Thank you.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

10 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sean avatar image Sean commented ·

Thank you for the response Matthijs.

I've thoroughly read these instructions and I can't see anything that we've done incorrectly, or suggests a solution to this issue. Am I missing something?

The system and VRM mentioned has worked fine for about 1 year, the dashboard value errors are only a recent issue. We have other similar victron system architectures (Fronius, Quattro, CCGX) which aren't showing this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Sean commented ·

Hi Sean, looks like I missed your earlier reply; my apologies

I wouldnt know the cause of this. I l’ve read that its a remote site, but you will have to update the firmware before we can open a support ticket and look into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image
Sean answered ·

Hi, following up if anyone else is having similar issues or a solution to incorrect data display. This site (only this site) is continuing to experience strange solar and consumption values. These values include ridiculously large values and the time of solar production effectively inversed (over nighttime hours). Data is also missing, however, the site never loses internet connectivity.

I have thoroughly checked all settings, including time which are correct to the best of my knowledge. Restarting the system and CCGX also has not corrected the issue. Please see screenshots of VRM from today.

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi, @SeanLePoidevin

what kind of equipment is involved?

In my case, I had problems with consumption, not shown in some cases on VRM graphs. Those were related to the old firmware of my Multiplus unit.

Is every firmware of your devices up to date?

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Sean avatar image
Sean answered ·

Hi @Markus,

The installed equipment is 2 x Quattro 48/8000 and 2 x Fronius 6.0 (Image attached).

The installed FW is 424. I understand this is not the latest firmware, however the VRM data worked as expected for almost a year prior to this issue appearing. It is not easy to get to this site (remote location) to update so hopefully there is a solution which doesn't require this.

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Sean,

I have asked the VRM techs to look into it, though unfortunately for you, usually the first suggested fix is to get all the firmware up to date.

You can understand why, if an issue has already been discovered and fixed there, we will never find another solution, but could spend a lot of time looking.

Frustrating for you I know, if you already had a working installation.

Once the system is working, it is possible to disable the automatic update of CCGX firmware too.

For what it is worth, I haven't seen another case like this before.

If the issue persists once the units have been restarted, and the firmware is up to date, you can escalate it up through your distributor or sales manager.

PS That is a very nice looking installation. Just missing a DC MPPT ;)

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks Guy, understand and noted. Automatic updates are switched off so even more strange why it appeared out of nowhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image
Sean answered ·

Update: The firmware on the quattros and CCGX are now the most up to date as of the 31st of Jan 2019. This seems to improve the issue, but it is still showing the solar and consumption values out by a factor of 10 at times. Please see attached screenshots.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Sean,

Can you confirm the version number of the Fronius as well please?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @SeanLePoidevin, I looked into the database for your system; and see indeed weird very high values being logged. See screenshot below.

They are coming from the PV Inverter (thats the 341 dataAttribute; the other one, 104, is just a result). Also I noticed that the last few days were OK; and, also the last few days one of the two PV Inverters hasn't been connected (see second screenshot).

All this sounds familiar: there has been a bug relating to too high kWh values being logged for PV Inverters. What surprises me though is that it happens with a Fronius PV Inverter. Anyway, I've asked a colleague; and will get back to you.

1549666577550.png (96.8 KiB)
1549666793448.png (70.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Thank you for the information and update Matthijs. I will look into the fronius inverter comms dropping out.

I'll wait for the response regarding the bug. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, ok, so its not a known issue. That bug I refered to is something else.

Please make sure all firmware is up to date, including the Fronius(!); and then once that connection is restored and if it happens again please let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image
Sean answered ·

Hi, the above site is continuing to experience incorrect data displaying on VRM. Is there any backend fix or should we consider replacing the CCGX under warranty? Or is it a VRM portal issue?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Sean,

As mentioned several times in these other answers by Matthijs and myself, the first solution is to make sure all devices, including Fronius and Quattros are running current firmware.

Can you confirm the firmware versions that each of the devices is running now?

That is the #1 most likely thing to fix the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sean avatar image Sean Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

Well...yes the firmware was updated the last time this was requested on the 31st of Jan (see post below) to the most current at the time (433), this didn't resolve the issue. In the months since nothing has changed and new firmware for the Quattro has been released again, so it is once again not the latest. The CCGX is the latest FW 2.31.

If we need to go out to site again (full day round trip), I think we will take a replacement CCGX and request warranty and see if that solves it.

0 Likes 0 ·
kim-wee avatar image
kim-wee answered ·

Hi, anyone having the same issue in 2022? and any solution?

Having the similar issue with my small system as well:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/138079/pv-data-shown-in-dc-power-on-vrm-instead-of-batter.html?childToView=138094#answer-138094

1654504734690.png

Thank you.

1654504734690.png (21.7 KiB)
2 |3000

svjubel avatar image
svjubel answered ·

I'm having this same issue. Worked fine for multiple years, and then one day just stopped recording data unless solar was charging, about a month ago. Nothing changed installation wise.

2 |3000