question

solarone avatar image
solarone asked

Charging phev with solar

Hi

Is it possible to charge a phev with solar via inveter with 24 or 48 volt battery bank?

For example the Hyundai ionic level 1 charger specs are 240v 8amp I think

Has anyone done this or similar I’m curious

Thanks

solarsystem design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

If you can provide the power needed, with your batteries and inverter, it should work.

It should not bother your car, where the power it gets charged from, is made.

Most electric charging systems do not like interruptions. You have to manually continue the charging process in those situations.

There are home charging solutions available, where you can connect PV panels to. Those chargers are designed for utilizing maximum possible PV power, when charging.

Regards,

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

doire avatar image
doire answered ·

Hi, I have this exact application. I have a MyEnergi Zappi charger on order to integrate with my 4.5 kW solar array and BYD battery pack. Mind you, real use will have to wait for a while until we get a bit of Spring weather. They also do a DHW diverter in the event that you either have a very big array or live in a favourable solar regime.

2 |3000

solarone avatar image
solarone answered ·

Thanks @Doire I’ll look into the mienergi zappi , will be interesting how you go with it .

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic