question

camperconversion avatar image
camperconversion asked

VictronConnect App Cannot DIscover IP65 Charger?

I have just purchased a used IP65 12/15 charger and connected it to my leisure batteries. The charger has switched on fine and is charging the batteries but I cannot connect to the charger via the app on my iphone, it finds nothing to connect to. App freshly downloaded, BT turned on and phone sat next to powered IP65 charger yet nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Also when I push the mode button for 10 seconds to do a pin reset (incase that was the issue), the test light illuminates after 3 seconds and nothing else, I have to push the mode button again for 3 seconds for it to go back off yet instructions say push mode for 10 seconds and blue lights illuminate to reset the pin?

VictronConnecterrorcharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi. Given that it's a preloved unit, this question needs asking: Is it a Blue Power or a Blue Smart model? Only the Smart has BT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

camperconversion answered ·

it's the blue power model, not blue smart, I thought they all had the bluebooth built in though and Victron website states blue power ip65 has bluetooth built in as well as the blue smart, or is their website wrong?

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The website is wrong I'm afraid.

2 |3000

camperconversion answered ·

OK thanks for the replies guys, saves me pulling out what remaining hair I have the rest of the day trying to get something to connect that doesn't have connectivity functions.

I'm still happy with the charger as it was very cheap, I was just hopeful it was the BT version as the website states it should have BT so quite disappointed with the website giving duff info, Cheers anyways

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

This one? https://www.victronenergy.com/chargers/blue-power-battery-charger-ip65

Quite so, I suspect it's wrong (heaven forbid). Or I am, nahh. :)

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

Clear it up please Guy...

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Everyone is right, and the website is wrong. I will see that it gets corrected and my apologies.

Only the units with the bluetooth symbol have bluetooth.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows