question

like-pv avatar image
like-pv asked

Extend cables for the GX Touch 50 display ?

Hi, I would like to place the GX Touch 50 display about 5 to 8 meters away from the Cerbo GX.

Can I use a standard hdmi extension cable ? Are there any compatibility specifications to be met e.g. hdmi version 1.4 or 1.3 ?

According the website the USB port is only used as power source. Can I use a external USB power supply for the GX Touch 50 display too ?

Thanks for your help.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bowpay avatar image
bowpay answered ·

I added 10ft extensions from Walmart to both the HDMI and USB to the Cerbo GX. It worked out great. You will need a HDMI adapter and a USB male to USB female.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @like_pv

yes a usb-power supply will work also.

2 |3000

Pato avatar image
Pato answered ·

I added a HDMI cable extender to my boat for the Cerbo GX 50 touch screen. I also installed a power usb port near the remote screen. My issue is the screen is not responsive. It will show jumpy images and I cannot move between different screens. The entire cable run is approximately 15m on the boat.

I also have one of the Cerbo units that needs to have its internal wifi antenna modified. I have not done that yet. Could that be the source of interference?

Thank you

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
These are ever to tricky to answer straight up. Extending the cable can work for one person and not another. Depends upon the construction of the cable,the couple, electrical noise in the environment.

The WiFi antenna fix may solve the HDMI problem, it may not. Probably worth a try and it might kill two birds with one stone.

Sorry no real hard answer for HDMI issues. We have similar problems at work. A setup that worked in one location doesn't work in another location and the cables need to be shorter and run across the floor or whatever. HDMI is really high speed and it can be very fussy.

0 Likes 0 ·