question

igabiva avatar image
igabiva asked

Phoenix Invert 48/5000 Bluetooth monitoring

Hi , Victron experts.

I would like to centralised the configuration, control and monitoring the installation with a computer or a smartphone.

- The installation :

It's composed of 2 Phoenix inverter 48/5000 in parallel, 3 SmartSolar charge controllers 250/70 and 1 BMV700.

- What I've understood :

For the SmartSolar charge controllers nothing is needed.

For the BMV700 the VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle will be enough.

- The questions :

For the Phoenix Inverter with a VE.BUS which accessories should I used to get a Bluetooth communication ?

If it's not possible an Ethernet link to my router is possible.

Maybe with the Venus GX/ Gerbo GX but I don't think that they will fit with my installation. I guess that I need à product with 2 VE.BUS and 4 VE.DIRECT (3 MPPT an the BMV) ports but GX products only get 3 VE.DIRECT.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best Regards

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @igabiva

Any of the GX range will fit admirably in your installation. VE.Bus can be 'chained', and VE.Direct can be adapted to USB (even a hub). https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

Access via Ethernet or Wifi, and the VRM portal is a gem. Via LAN or WAN.

You won't need the BT for more than toying, and your kit can all be connected with real wires.

Recommended..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

igabiva avatar image
igabiva answered ·

Hi @JohnC
Thanks you for the answer. As you advised, I'll be using a hard-wired solution based on Octo GX.
Like that no need of VE.Direct or VE.Bus to USB interfaces, only wires.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic