question

bazz-robo avatar image
bazz-robo asked

BMV-712 firmware update issue

Hi I have a BMV-712 all was working well I connected to it via my phone and it asked to do a firmware update which I did but it stopped at 23% and now the BMV only shows BT200, I'm guessing the firmware didn't stick is there a way to reset and start again ??

VictronConnectbmv
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi Bazz, yes; it would/should restart the update of you connect to it again from VictronConnect.

There are no critical points anywhere during the process during which an error can break the device. It can always resume/reatart the update.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The ability for firmware updates to fail and NOT have any chance of damaging the device is a pretty good feature itself.

1 Like 1 ยท
paulstrutt01 avatar image paulstrutt01 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท
No, a failed update just means you are left with a non-working device. Which amounts to much the same thing.
0 Likes 0 ยท
paulstrutt01 avatar image paulstrutt01 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท
And in fact, there is now a chance I will damage my battery bank, because I have no idea what the SOC is.
0 Likes 0 ยท
bazz-robo avatar image bazz-robo commented ยท

Thank you kept bashing at it until it got all the way there and finally all good

0 Likes 0 ยท
tobbe99t16 avatar image
tobbe99t16 answered ยท

@Bazz_Robo

Had the same issue, failed during the update (Samsung galaxy Note 8, android 8.0.0) After retrying 5 times i decided to try with another device, installed victron connect on my old tablet (Nvidia shield, android 7.0) and it worked directly. Possibly it would have helped with just reinstalling victron connect.

2 |3000

frank avatar image
frank answered ยท

Confirm; Same issue with CAT60 Android (BL 1.02). Works perfectly but update 3.08 instead of 3.10 with a Tablet Samsung 7"

2 |3000

paolo avatar image
paolo answered ยท

I had the same problem with the latest firmware update and v4.01 did not want to install itself. The Battery Monitor did not work and showed the word BT200 in the display. Later, after many attempts, the firmware has been installed. But now in the VictronConnect App device list, next to the image of the BMV-712 Smart, a small black diamond appears with a question mark inside it. I do not know if this symbol means that something does not work perfectly. How do you restore a correct situation?

But I think you should insert more indications about failed updates and, if this is caused by corrupted files, insert the possibility to make a new download of that firmware or the previous one that works perfectly.

Sorry for my translated English.

Thank you!

2 comments
2 |3000

Bill avatar image Bill commented ยท

I hopefully I allows me to say no till I hear this has been fixed. :)

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi Paolo,

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that you had so much trouble installing the update.

Donโ€™t worry; that BMV is not running firmware corrupted during the install. Iโ€™m 100% sure. Checks similar to what you mention are already in place.

Whats somehow corrupt is the self-definable name of the product. If you go into the bmv, then settings and then the product info page; you can change it.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#renaming_your_devices

0 Likes 0 ยท
Mike Jackson avatar image
Mike Jackson answered ยท

I found the same problem. I kept getting failures (BL 1.02 on the Victron screen) when I tried to connect and update with my Samsung Note 9, but had no problem when I tried with my old Samsung Note 4.

2 |3000

mrdias avatar image
mrdias answered ยท

i am having the same issue, the update to 4.01 restarts over and over

1 comment
2 |3000

mrdias avatar image mrdias commented ยท

ok, after about 6 or 7 loading restarts the update was complete

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows