question

vee42 avatar image
vee42 asked

Where do I start setting up victron devices?

Setting figures/numbers please required for my bmv-712 & mppt smart controller 100/30 setup....complete novice. I have 2x 160w solar panels, 2x varta la95 agm batteries, bmv-712 & victron mppt smart controller 100/30..Thank you and wait in anticipation.

MPPT Controllersvictron productsAssistantsHelpequalisation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@vee42 Best advice I can offer is to start reading the manuals, gather the battery manufacturer's specification etc. Understanding why and how is important if you want to self install / manage your system or components.

Below is another valuable resource for many of us. Happy reading.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @vee42,

there are many videos from Victron available, too. Without specifying more details what are you planning to do it is hard to help specific. Here some video links I found very interesting when started to work with Victron products.

Multiplus II introduction

How to configure a Multiplus

How a Multiplus works

Demo of Victron battery monitor

Victron VW Van Electrics Install - Episode 1 of 4

This list could be nearly endless continued ... There are so many videos, webinars and, and, and available. Incredible how much information of all themes is available: Ideas from how to use it for example in a sail boat or in a camper van, USV energy supply, ESS - Energy - Storage - System for the private household or company usage and setup for realy very big energy needs, too. Just use your prefered search engine. It is a huge and interssting theme with endless variations and all of them very good documented and interesting.

Have fun by reading and watching

DayAndNight

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure Assistants manual