question

victorvanwaveren avatar image
victorvanwaveren asked

AC input current limit wont go lower than 12 amp

1. Hello,

My dcm will not go lower on ac1 than 12 amps. In some harbours the shore power is just 6 amps.

How can i get the shore limit on the d lower than 12 amps?

Digital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

There are lower limits, how much depends upon the model and what firmware it is on. You can find your model in the list below and check if a firmware upgrade will improve the lower limit for you.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2018/04/20/multiplus-quattro-inverter-chargers-improved-current-limits/

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Also, I failed to mention that you can reduce the AC-IN current limit further if Power Assist is disabled.

1 Like 1 ·
gertjand avatar image
gertjand answered ·

Same question here, if 3 are in parallel you can’t set it lower than 10 amp shore power, correct? Can you set it lower if one would use the cerbo gx and enable override by remote in Multiplus settings?

1 comment
2 |3000

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·

Depends on the model.

The lower limits were changed in the later firmware's

Check your firmware version and post it or look it up on Victron professional in the change log.

0 Likes 0 ·
gertjand avatar image
gertjand answered ·

It is the latest firmware. Mdoel 3000/120/12.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic