question

mbad avatar image
mbad asked

DC charge on Multiplus II 48/3000 GX not working with FW 2.52

I bought a Multiplus II 48/3000 GX 2 months ago.

Everything was working fine with Firmware 2.51 in a way that too much energy produced from external Solar Inverters behind the Multiplus (AC side) have been used to load batteries instead of feeding into the grid.

With Fimrware 2.52 I realized that only PV Power directly connected to the MPPT of the Multiplus is used to charge the batteries and all Energy from other Solar Inverters are feed into the grid although the "setpoint grid" is set to 0 Watt.

My goal is to use the included DC Charger to load batteries as well from external Solar Inverters to charge batteries, e.g. when the weather conditions are bad and the MPPT connected panels are not sufficient to charge my batteries.

That said I downgraded to FW 2.51 again, switched the Multiplus off, waited 2 minutes, switched it on again and everything worked like before.

Seems to be a bug in the 2.52 FW. @Victron team: Who can look into this?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIdc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mbad

What is your VRM id?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbad avatar image mbad commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) how should I provide this to you? I guess not here public.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @mbad

No one can do anything with your VRM id, but you can post it more privately by selecting 'viewable by moderators'

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mbad

I don't see any charging from AC coupled PV at all, but I think this is due to all available energy being used by AC loads, the -2000 grid setpoint, the 2000W inverter limit and the 50A charge current limit you've set.

Best to try with all extra settings to default. I don't see any difference between 2.51/2.52 in the graphs. (yes sunday wasn't very sunny)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic