question

tieole avatar image
tieole asked

Single phase Multiplus on 3phase systeme

I am installing a Multiplus and battery backup plus pv on an existing 3phase installation.

The client only wants to back up the one phase, the 3phase is only for the swimming pool pump.

I have three choices;

• run a new cable from where is grid comes in to the pool, but this is almost impossible as there is a road between the house and the pool and I have no way to pass a new cable.
  • change the pump for a single phase pump, easy but expensive.
  • or put the inverter on one of the phases, and install a phase monitor relay on the pump, and if the three phase is out of phase, stop the pump. but will this work.

Any advice before I try the phase sync relay?

Is it possible to put a Multiplus on only one phase, and still use the three phase with one phase being supplied by the Multiplus?

cheers for any advice,

Jay

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @tieole

Maybe you can run the pump with a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) on one phase? (depends on Pump voltage / delta / star possibilities, and power)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blue-sails avatar image
blue-sails answered ·

How was the issue solved?

2 |3000