question

fesolar avatar image
fesolar asked

soc wrong around 50% ?

hy

i have a probleme with a bmv 700

one off my customer make a discharge test on a systeme with 24 V (2 bat agm 125Ah) .

he had fully charged individualy the batery before start the test.

the test start with a soc at 100 (on bmv and in real because the 2 battery was fully charged)

you can see below the test:

the probleme is he had just loking the soc and suddenly, all system broke done.

the theorical consumption is minimum 0.4A, the real cunsomption see by the bmv is 0.4 A

so if we calcul the Ah used, we arrived around 120Ah so it's look corect with the 125Ah off the battery, but the soc calculed by the bmv (around 50%)when shut down) is not good.

i had checked the bmv parameters, but it'look ok:

during the test there is only bmv, venus and the load conected and nothink conected between the batteri - and the shunt .

i don't anderstand why the soc is aproximatively 50% faults.

do you have an idee ?

best regards

BMV Battery Monitor
ecoload.jpg (48.8 KiB)
ecoload-2.jpg (163.7 KiB)
ecoload-4.jpg (163.5 KiB)
ecoload-3.jpg (92.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
john-hagtharp avatar image
john-hagtharp answered ·

My first suspicion is that your Venus device (ccgx etc) and therefore vrm might be using a different battery monitor, possibly the built-in monitor in a Multiplus or Quattro, which is configured with a different capacity. Have you confirmed during discharge that the SOC displayed on the BMV itself matches what you're seeing in vrm and on the Venus device?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fesolar avatar image
fesolar answered ·

at first, i was thinking about this, but there's no multiplus an quatro in the system during the test only bmv and mppt.

i had just chek and the curve of the bmv soc is the same off the gateway so the information is comming from the bmv !

it's the first time a see this.

for information it's bmv firmwar is the v3.10, normaly it's the last one !

br

2 |3000