question

safiery avatar image
safiery asked

Smart Lithium 25.6V 10 off in two banks of 5

Looking for advice on ability to have 2 strings of 5 x 25.6V for a total of 10 in the same system configuration. There are 2 Quattros 8kVA. We have Cerbo GX as part of install.

cerbo gxLithium Battery
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

safiery avatar image safiery commented ยท

@Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA Thanks for your time on the phone.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook โ™ฆโ™ฆ safiery commented ยท

@safiery thanks for reaching out! I'll point some people to this question from my other communication channels and I'm sure someone will have some valuable insight.

Also, I've converted your answer to a comment so that your question shows up as unanswered still :)

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

According to the VE.Bus BMS datasheet this configuration is not possible. Datasheet says a maximum of four batteries in series I read this as four 12.8V batteries for a maximum of 16 cells in series, so only two 25.6V batteries in series to make up a 48V system.

Also, datasheet says it's maximum Voltage is 70V.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-VE-Bus-BMS-EN.pdf

EDIT:
If, by a "string", you mean a set of five 25.8V batteries in parallel, then yes, that is possible for one VE.Bus BMS. Then you can have the other parallel set with its own VE.Bus BMS.
Afterwhich, you can connect these two sets in parallel to maintain a 25.8V system Voltage.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

safiery avatar image safiery commented ยท

Thank you . @WKirby The Lynx distribution states up to 32 batteries? Can that be used?

0 Likes 0 ยท
safiery avatar image safiery safiery commented ยท

@WKirby This is a 24V system with 13kVA of 2 Quattros (8+5)

0 Likes 0 ยท
wkirby avatar image wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ safiery commented ยท

Oh, I think I am misunderstanding what you mean by 2 strings of 5 in parallel. Do you not mean 5 in series?

0 Likes 0 ยท
safiery avatar image safiery wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

@WKirby Thanks for response. My question was rushed: All 10 Victron batteries are left at native 25.6V from either one Lynx Distribution or two VE.BMS. Can they operate as one string or do they have to be split into two strings of 5?

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources