question

chasemaritza avatar image
chasemaritza asked

MPPTs cycling on and off with 'fault' state

i have 2 Mppt connected on the system and both does the same thing. once it does this error sate i loose pv power and it returns once state goes back to normale pv power is restored

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi @chasemaritza. What is the reported error? 'Notifications' should show it.

0 Likes 0 ·
chasemaritza avatar image chasemaritza commented ·

HI @JohnC does not give me any error Notifications! only give fault for a second and does it the hole day

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @chasemaritza,

This can sometimes occur when there is a fault reported by the BMS of a managed battery, and it is trying to control the MPPTs by telling them to turn off due to over voltage. The MPPTs show the fault, but it may be originating elsewhere in the system.

Please check your batteries and report back to make sure that they are operating properly without any errors or alarms that might be signalling to stop charging by the MPPTs.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) battery is all good and happy i have check all float voltages but still it goes into the error state and pulls down the pv power

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ chasemaritza commented ·

Can you please post the Vrm site id so I can have a look and see what else it might be?

0 Likes 0 ·
chasemaritza avatar image chasemaritza Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) sorry for the late reply here is the site id # 7c38665334bd

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @chasemaritza,

I had a look at the system, for some reason the DVCC combined charge current limit has been set to 1A on the GX device.

I have not made any changes, There may be other reasons why the installer has chosen to set this. But I suspect if you disable this Limit Charge Current your MPPTs will have a chance to perform normally.

8030-screen-shot-2020-02-17-at-92106-pm.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) i have made the change and will check if the mppt`s preform normal and let you know what the out come is

0 Likes 0 ·
chasemaritza avatar image
chasemaritza answered ·

Hi thanks for checking i have made the change but not successful ill be checking all connection tomorrow

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @chasemaritza

do you have by any chance also have a VE.Smart network over bluetooth configured with the mppt's

0 Likes 0 ·