question

emielvanvlaenderen avatar image
emielvanvlaenderen asked

Connecting two mppt's to an inverter

I have two mppt charge controllers (100|50) who charge a battery. I would like to connect these charge controllers (with each a VE terminal) to the my inverter multiplus compact 24v|2000. This inverter has just one UTP terminal left. How can I both charge controllers connect with the inverter?

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Short answer - you can't!

The features you may be chasing are likely available though with a GX box like a CCGX or VenusGX. They can interface both devices and provide an experience worthy of the spend, especially given the www to work with.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bill avatar image
Bill answered ·

I know this is very late, but I use this USB Octopus Hub to plug in two smart solar Controllers into my RP Venus GX. I am going to add a BMV to the equation soon and assume I will need another very long USB cable to connect that into the GX too as it will be at least 20 feet away from the GX.

-Bill

2 |3000

obediah-mcmajor avatar image
obediah-mcmajor answered ·

This very helpful. Thank you guys.

Another question though; so I have to connect 2 MPPT controllers to my CCGX. How do I do that, since the CCGX has only 2 VE.Direct ports? I have 2 MultiPlus, and a BMV-702 to connect to the CCGX as well.

Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Please read 1.4.2 of the manual.

0 Likes 0 ·