question

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie asked

Easysolar 12/1600/70 AC output pulses under load

Easysolar 12/1600/70 AC output pulses under load, Has latest firmware updates as of the 30/9/2019. when running a small loads 10 to 20 watts OK, when running more the 300 watts the AC output pulses between 230Vac to 200Vac and lower? load was a heat gun as an example.

Battery is 12v 800Ah AGM pack and fully charged to 100% SOC voltage does not dip down below

13v under the 300 watt load.

The main torroid transformer buzzes very badly.

This is a new install.

EasySolar All-in-One
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Does the multi do this for all loads?

Some dodgy hand tools use a diode as a speed/heat control.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi

So any load with some sort rectifier or SCR speed control inside can do this to the Victron inverters?

If this is the case not very good on Victron part, as i have seen some other brands which don't do this?

We need a explanation for Victron on this matter?

As clients expectation are high when they purchase high end inverters and they cant deliver what they wanted etc.

Regards

Rob D

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Rob Duthie commented ·

I am more thinking of devices that use a single diode to use only half the ac wave.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi

No, just electronic speed control triac SCR based, etc i will be retesting with other loads to see what it does etc.

Very odd fault for and inverter to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

We found a dodgy Neutral in the load side in system that buzzed. So check that side. Glad we did as we also thought it was the Victron. We have also heard buzzing/crackling in a system that had an electric timer on a breaker.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Some loads with rectifiers can make the Easy-solar buzz as well. i had instance of a heatgun and hair dryer make it buzz.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000