question

Ivar Wagle avatar image
Ivar Wagle asked

Generator start and stop from ccgx, toggle Multiplus

At off-grid location, I switch my Multiplus 3000/12/16 on and off on the CCGX. Normally leaving it off to conserve bettery power.

I am about hook up a multi-relay system, with programable logic features, to my generator via CCGX-relay for authonomus function.

This might be a stupid question, but will the Multiplus start up (charging or charging/inverting) when the generator is manually or automatically started from the CCGX.?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

John Van Doren avatar image John Van Doren commented ·

What components are you adding to enable AGS on the Onan via the Multi (or the GX)? Part numbers & schematics would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @ivar

When the Multi is 'off' it will not start when the generator starts. if you set it to 'charger only' then it will start when AC-input is available.

(this is how I use it in my boat also)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ivar Wagle avatar image Ivar Wagle commented ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

Thank you!

When the Multi is set up to be contolled on/ off / inverter only / charger only on the ccgx, is it still possible to control it by connecting av relay to the H-switch inside the Multi.

What I am trying to achieve is to have the Multi switch into on mode when the generator is triggered by one of the conditional automatic procedures set up in the ccgx.

Hope this makes sense.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Ivar Wagle commented ·

Hi @ivar

As soon as an external controller is connected (VE.bus bms, remote control panel, GX device), other switching methods don't work anymore. you have to keep the inverter/ multi switch to 'on'

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivar Wagle avatar image Ivar Wagle Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

OK. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·