question

grantandaudreywatson avatar image
grantandaudreywatson asked

Setting up generator (2 wire) to relay at CCGX

After setting this up I tested the manual start at the colour controller, which started the GENSET. The issue is I have set up the conditions of the battery voltage to start at 47 volts, but GENSET won't start. Could you advise me the full settings I need to achieve an auto start of GENSET. I have a Smart Solar MPPT 250/100.

Generator
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

look carefully at all the setting, and make sure that the Autostart function is turned on

0 Likes 0 ·
grantandaudreywatson avatar image grantandaudreywatson Paul B commented ·

Thanks for your response. I have done that and it is on.

Below I have posted 2 images of my settings but have found that when the bottom image 'Alarm Relay' if I need to make changes to 'conditions' I have to change 'Alarm Relay' to 'Generator Start/Stop' before being allowed to change any settings.

Also the 'Alarm relay On' which is off; if I change that to 'on' the Generator starts immediately. I know this will probably be something simple I've missed but I am new to this. Many thanks in return.

0 Likes 0 ·

On your first picture scroll to the bottom and select settings and then conditions . you need to set the parameters as to when to start and when to stop

The relay has to be set to Generator autostart

Here are some screen shots

0 Likes 0 ·
1577605589603.png (53.2 KiB)
1577605619774.png (45.3 KiB)
1577605643868.png (32.7 KiB)

I have done that and it is set to auto, refer to 1st image.

Perhaps there a procedure that has been posted at some stage?

0 Likes 0 ·
grantandaudreywatson avatar image grantandaudreywatson commented ·

Hi Paul, Thank you for your assistance.

Today I have just completed a test with the settings shown below with no success.

FYI my generator was in auto start mode.

0 Likes 0 ·

ok lets move back to some basic tests

if you use manual start does the gen start. (You can also start the gen manually from this screen)

to check this press the pages button twice or until the below screen apears and the screen will change to the generator screen

check the status and see if its running. if it is and the gen has not started then the start relay may not be closing or has been damaged. or you have a issue elseware

the relay is normally open when stopped and closed when running

0 Likes 0 ·
1577702136949.png (40.4 KiB)

Conducted manual start successfully. However my screen states as shown 'Running by loss of communication and not battery voltage. How do I change that to match your example?

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
grantandaudreywatson answered ·

Hi Paul, Have you seen my previous response and do you have anything that you can add?

"Conducted manual start successfully. However my screen states as shown 'Running by loss of communication and not battery voltage. How do I change that to match your example?"

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Can anyone help with my previous comment. My colour monitor shows 'Running by loss of communication' but needs to be ' Running by battery voltage'

2 |3000

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

within settings, make sure the relay function is set to Generator start/stop. You must hve this on already as you are able to get into the genreator settings.

From there follow:

From here you have several choices on when to start:

Battery SOC

Battery Current

Battery voltage

AC load

Inverter high temperature

Inverter overload

Periodic run

1579819110874.jpeg (14.4 KiB)
1579819124386.jpeg (13.8 KiB)
1579819136380.jpeg (14.3 KiB)
1579819154139.jpeg (14.1 KiB)
1579819174554.jpeg (15.7 KiB)
1579819191111.jpeg (15.9 KiB)
1579819549450.png (25.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Hello Robert, Thank you for your response. I hadn't received an email notifying me of your response. But just checked the 'community' again today as my issue is still occurring.

I have replicated your instructions and they are as follows with one exception at the end of taking these screen shots I manually started the generator successfully from the manual start screen; Also prior to the manual start my batteries reached low voltage condition and Genset did not start.

2 |3000

surefk avatar image
surefk answered ·

Curious if this issue ever got resolved if so what was the solution? I seem to have exactly the same scenario and have followed the manual and various other posts on here with no success.

2 |3000

Hi Surefk,

Since these previous questions and answers, I continued to have no success however, it was several weeks afterward when the conditions I had set the autostart to was reached and the genset started. I then changed the settings to what I wanted and since then the genset has been starting as programmed, I was happy. Unfortunately I don't know why but can only guess that it may have been a reboot that I performed some time before and then the conditions were met. Sorry I am I am probably not much help, but this is exactly what happened.

Regards

Grant

2 |3000

Hi Surefk,

Here are my settings

img-8590.jpgimg-8591.jpgimg-8589.jpg

img-8589.jpg (3.3 MiB)
img-8590.jpg (2.6 MiB)
img-8591.jpg (2.9 MiB)
2 |3000