question

elduderino avatar image
elduderino asked

How to optimise the BMV-700 series sync parameters |

Hi

I am trying to follow instructions to optimise the sync parameters.
I have a Victron BMV-700 Smart , & a IP22 Charger.

I have 2 x TN LiFePO4-12.8V 84Ah lithium phosphate cell batteries(in parallel) in my VW Campervan .

It has a 100w solar panel on the roof.

It has a Redarc BCDC1240D 3 Stage charger

The part i am struggling with is the Charge detection time, which according to instructions, should be set to 1.05 for Li-ion batteries. I can only set it to 1, or 2, 3.... etc there is no option for the 0.5. (see screen capture)

Also i am assuming that the float charge is 13.8, & have set the Charged voltage to 13.5. would this be correct for a Lithium battery?

Is it also correct that a Lithium battery should not be kept at 100% charged all the time, because of early cell damage?

Many thanks for any help with this.

victron products
img-1226.png (345.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I didn't have any trouble setting the peukert to 1.05. Perhaps you can try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
elduderino avatar image
elduderino answered ·

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying i should set the charged detection time to 3 mins, & change the Peukert to 1.05?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

That looks good for the BMV settings.

(BMV) Charge voltage of 13.7-13.9v (depends on how much current the chargers can supply) and tail current of 2-3%.

Keep the chargers on their default Li charge settings for now, until you know what each is capable of achieving.

See how that goes for a week, and report back.

0 Likes 0 ·
elduderino avatar image elduderino klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi

Everything seems to be working ok now.

Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic