question

samooore avatar image
samooore asked

MPPT 100/30 - can I set it to sense the voltage and go to float instead of bulk each time?

I've just installed a 100/30 on my boat. When we are at dock our V is 13.2 V. Each morning when the sun come up, the MPPT controller starts on its journey to 14.4V in bulk mode. The trouble is that the battery charger is holding the batteries @ 13.2V in float. Is there a way to move the bulk sensing to say 12.7V, if higher go into float instead of bulk?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Sam. If I'm understanding you correctly, the functionality you request is hard-coded into the firmware, so not adjustable.

What you could do is set both Abs and Float to a far lower level, perhaps (say) 0.2V above the shore charger, so then solar would take priority over shore.

Away from shore, and cycling the batts, just return to the higher settings. I'm not sure, but it may be possible to save a custom algorithm to make it a one-click changeover.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spirou avatar image spirou commented ·

If I understand correctly the point would be to not start a bulk charge every morning if plugged into shore or batteries are full already. The solution would be as described but not the values. Both could be set at 13.2 (or lower) and switched when under way.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic