question

cwarhurst avatar image
cwarhurst asked

Connect multiplus 5000 with 3 x LG RESU 10 Batteries

Hi - I have a multiplus 5000 and 2 x LG RESU Batteries connected, the power available is a little low, can I add another RESU10 battery using the second VE.Can socket. I would connect the 3rd battery direct to the inverter - would the colour controller send the right signals and would the Multiplus work with 3 RESU10

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cwarhurst avatar image cwarhurst commented ·

Help - looking to add another LG RESU Battery to an existing 2 x RESU 10 batteries on the Multiplus 5000 - does anyone have any experience or know how to connect an additional battery into the system - it has a color controller

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ cwarhurst commented ·

This should be possible, but I think for advice on how to do this is best found from LG. LG should know better the procedure for adding extra capacity.
I would not think that you will use the second CAN, it would make sense to me for the new battery to use the same CAN of the existing batteries in the same chain.
Sorry I don't have a straight answer, but I don't know very much about the LG batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, I am sorry but cant help you on this one. Please contact the LG dealer for this question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mayahill avatar image
mayahill answered ·

Have use used standard LAN cable between the RESU PLUS and the batteries and a modified to Victron? Or all 3 modified?
I had a single RESU10 connected to GX, working fine. Now I installed the RESU PLUS to connect two RESU10 and the DX is no longer seeign the LG batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Ensure the installations are done as per the latest manual and by a certified installer as warranties cannot be registered otherwise and LG will not honour it either as they announced in 2019.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @cwarhurst Two RESU13's and PLUS would be the LG supported way. Anything else will invalidate your warranty. Regardless, I anticipate the CGX can only manage one "master" BMS unless Victron supports more, but not as far as I know. Smart lithium batteries are usually daisy chained with a master connecting to the CGX. For huge banks they again connect to a central master controller. You will also not have space on the GX for the terminator and I think no keep alive signal as consequence. This is obviously untested given it is unsupported by LG and Victron.

2 |3000